Saturday, March 28, 2009

My first ever blog post

Thanks to my kids, I am finally being dragged into the 21st century. A while back, I started a Facebook account, and soon accumulated many friends. Recently I started a Twitter account, but have few followers (yet). And now I have a blog. I started the blog because I really enjoy reading Jeff's, Dan's, Sarah M's, John's, and Marisa's. (Note: not all of them are my kids, directly anyway!) It's kind of like how I got started with Summer Rep. When Greg was a kid, he auditioned for You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. He had so much fun, I auditioned the next year.

By the way, Summer Rep is doing The King and I this summer.

Another by-the-way, Rich Young is leaving Blackburn to teach at Bethel College in Indiana. Not sure what Summer Rep will do for an artisitc director now.

That's enough for now. I don't want to spend all my ideas at once, then suffer blog fade!

7 comments:

  1. Don't give up on Twitter yet. It almost certainly will eclipse facebook soon in users. It does take a little time to build your network at first, though. Also, why pink for the background?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere! And I agree, why the pink background? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the only one that looked decidedly different from any of yours.... Can I change to background?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink was better because people noticed it. It's all about grabbing people's attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it easier to read with the blue. The sky's the limit on backgrounds, though, pops. Just do some digging, and you'll find a variety.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, pink was fine - just a little incongruous. :) If you google "Blogger templates" or "Blogger styles" you'll find millions of options (most of which are cooler than the pre-installed Blogger ones). They're really easy to change - it's mainly cutting and pasting the code into the Blogger template. Much easier than it sounds.

    ReplyDelete