Saturday, July 10, 2010

How awesome are my kids?

I have wonderful sons and daughters-in-law (current and future). Here's one reason. First some background: They recently went through the stuff in my mother's house and found a small home made recipe book. It had been made by my second grade class from favorite recipes the kids brought from home. Mine was my mother's recipe for pecan pie. Pecan pie is my favorite pie and close to my favorite food of all time. Well, for a birthday present my kids filled a box with the recipe book, and all the ingredients freshly purchased at the market. Mind you, this is NOT a heart healthy dish. Four tablespoons of butter, a cup of Karo syrup PLUS some sugar. Three whole eggs. Lots of vanilla. Plenty of pecans. Plus two pre-made crusts, ready to bake. So last night I whipped up a pie, took some pictures, and ate a piece. Here are some pictures of the pie, plus Mom's healthy alternative dessert.

3 comments:

  1. That's fantastic! So glad you're enjoying your pecan pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks much better than the "healthy alternative."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're lucky we didn't get you a turkey soup kit (courtesy of John Hamburger)!

    ReplyDelete