Monday, June 8, 2009

The Armstrong Victory Garden


The "20's and 30's" at church (the TAT's for short) planted a garden in the big field across from the college. They want to harvest enough produce to donate to the food pantry. Since my Dad had helped them get started as a group, they decided to name the garden in honor of him. Here's a picture of Gramma standing by the sign.

The garden is pretty amazing. They have long rows of onions, peppers, carrots, beets, potatoes, beans, peas, radishes, and probably a few other things.

3 comments:

  1. That's absolutely fantastic - what a lovely tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should pitch that as a story idea to Scoop. I'm sure he'd do a nice feature on it. I could even write up a quick press release for it, if you get me a little info. I GUESS you could also let Kate McGartland know, and she'll probably dispatch one of the Jims on it, if you want a poor quality Enquirer story on it as well.

    In other news, Erin Boente seems to be retracing all the important locations of your life, in reverse order: http://www.sj-r.com/news/x1549042991/Eleven-from-area-graduate-from-SIU-School-of-Medicine

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw the Erin Boente story in the paper after we read it on the link you sent. Pretty amazing. I'll check with Jeff Johnson to see if he wants us (you and me) to do a press release.

    ReplyDelete