Friday, July 24, 2009

On Libby's disappointing kill-off

I was convinced at first that Libby didn't really die. 1. We never actually saw her being buried (Desmond's boat showed up during her funeral). 2. The writers made a big deal about the blankets and she was holding the blankets in front of her when she was shot. 3. The Libby/Hurley relationship was just developing. 4. We were getting tantalizing tidbits of her back-story, especially her brief appearance as a patient at Hurley's institution. 5. Hurley's insistence that he would soon figure out where he'd seen her. 6. I just plain liked her. I suppose it's still possible that she could return in Season 6.

I read that Cynthia Watros and Michelle Rodriguez were picked up for DUI during the filming of season 2, and that that may have had something to do with why Libby and Ana were killed off so suddenly.

2 comments:

  1. I almost just revealed what may have been a pseudo-spoiler about another cast member whose future on the show reportedly was in jeopardy due to a DUI. I'll restrain myself for now.

    ReplyDelete